In line with the policy initiative of government on youth in the country, the Federal Ministry of Sports and Youth Development has opened up a call for applications from suitably qualified candidates for a 3-months Work Experience Programme (WEP).
A statement signed by Mr. Mohammed Manga, Director, Press and Publuc Relations on Monday
said that candidates who can apply for the Programme must be:
(1) Graduates with or without NYSC
(2) He/She must not be older than 30 years of age by 31st December, 2023
(3) Candidates with the following courses can apply
• Mechanical Engineering, Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Biochemistry,
• Microbiology and other related Science & Technology Courses
• Courses for the Administrative positions – Business Administration, Accounting, and other relevant Management/Social Sciences can also apply.
Application closes on July 30, 2023.
Interested candidates are therefore advised to apply through the link below
“The Ministry further wants to inform applicants that the Work Experience programmes offer tangible benefits, especially, helping participants realize how they can improve their lives and opportunities and also create avenues to meet with prospective employees while taking advantage of the short-term training”, Managa concluded.
About the Work Experience Program
The Work Experience Program (WEP) initiative is a three-month internship programme that will provide participants with the opportunity to gain relevant firsthand knowledge, develop skills and workplace competencies that will greatly increase their potentials for a successful employment.
It is one of the series of economy sustainability projects being implemented as an initiative of the Federal Ministry of Youths and Sports Development in Nigeria to ensure that young people acquire a level of experience and hone their employability skills, to make them suitable for employment and to acquire the required skills for self-development and crucial to thriving in the 21st Century world of work.
These skills include Mentoring, Networking, how to gain Scholarships, knowledge of world Competitions, Employment, Training and Business Startups.