Remember the year was just starting; some were ending their preparatory prayer and fasting; some companies were strategizing for the year; some consultants like us were getting ready to kick start consulting year by March/April before COVID-19 was declared by WHO on March 18 2020 as a PANDEMIC.
This globally resulted to closing national air, sea and land borders. Before that March, “all man”, “all woman”, all organizations have set their goals/targets, crafted their visions and have dreams of how to run the 2020 and what to achieve before 31st December 2020 by 11.59.00.
Please do not let COVID-19 rob you of the success you plan for 2020: the business you want to start, the school you want to begin, the job you want to get, the degree you want to conclude, the marriage you want to get in (but you may ignore crowded wedding), the child you want to born, the employment you want drop and become a CEO, the house you want buy/built, and on and on.
+ Do not forget what you set out to do.
+ Do not pretend COVID-19 stops you.
+ If COVID-19 stops you, it means you are not a serious man/woman.
COVID-19 has no capacity to stop you if COVID-19 did not kill you. Are you following me? Only you can stop you, if you are a moving FORCE which is what you supposed to be.
At every extreme crisis situations like we have in COVID-19, 2 skills help people to bounce back.
1. Skill of FOCUS. Do not be just focused, be LASER FOCUSED on whatsoever you want to do because you will need less than 6months to achieve 12months assignments..
2. Skill of MANAGEMENT. I don’t mean management science . I mean ‘management dexterity’: ability to allocate limited resources serve to their greatest opportunity so as to bring the greatest Return On Investment to You. This COVID-19 crisis era, manage your time, be extra discipline with your time, energy, resources and money. Manage your job until you get a better one so that you won’t be thrown out unprepared. Manage any provision: now you know you don’t need crowded wedding, expensive marriage rites and burials, manage things that you see with dexterity. Manage your health well.
1. DON’T FORGET HOW YOU WANT TO END THE YEAR, IT’S STILL ACHIEVABLE. YOU CAN.
2. BE LASER FOCUSED ON WHATSOEVER YOU’RE DOING OR WANT TO DO, THAT IS ONLY WHEN THAT THING WILL EXPAND.
3. MANAGE PRUDENTLY, RESOURCEFULLY, ESPECIALLY YOUR TIME-ENERGY-RES
Leader Mike is Leadership and Management expert based in Port Harcourt. You can reach him through his phone contact: