The Nigerian Railway Corporation (NRC), has released the time table of operations for resumption of the Abuja- Kaduna Passenger train service on Monday 5th December, 2022.
According a press release signed by the management of NRC, the directive of the Federal Government through the Ministry of Transportation to resume the Abuja- Kaduna Passenger train service
will commence with two return services as follows;
ABUJA- KADUNA (Departure/Arrival)
1. Idu Station (Abuja) Rigassa Station (Kaduna) 9.4SAM (Departure), 11:53AM
2. Kubwa Station (Abuja) -Rigassa Station (Kaduna)-10.06AM (Departure), 11:53 AM (Arrival).
3. Idu Station (Abuja)-Rigassa Station (Kaduna) 15.30PM (Departure), 17.33
4. Kubwa Station (Abuja)-Rigassa Station (Kaduna) -15.50PM (DEP),
KADUNA ABUJA (Departure/Arrival)
1. Rigassa Station (Kaduna)- Kubwa Station (Abj)-8.00AM (Departure), 9.57AM (Arrival)
2. Rugassa Station (Kaduna)- ldu Station (Abj) 8.00AM (Departure) 10.17AM ( Arrival)
3. Rigassà Station (Kaduna)-Kubwa Station (Abj) 14.0OPM (Departure)
4. Rigassa Station (Kaduna)Idu Station(Abj)14.00PM (Departure), 16.07PM (Arrival).
NRC advised the commuting public to adhere to the new security measures on the Abuja Kaduna train service which makes it mandatory for passengers to present the following documents before being allowed to board the train.
National identification number (NIN) for every adult, Valid boarding ticket and
purchase of ticket by proxy is only limited to minors and specified number of adult passengers.
“All individual adult travelers must submit their NIN before ticket can be issued.
“Please Note: online and mobile app ticket purchases will be available from 8:00am on Sunday 4th December, 2022. Ticket offices at the stations will be open from 06.30am on Monday 5th December, 2022”, the corporation stressed.
NRC however regretted any inconveniences passengers would suffer, while soliciting fir the cooperation of the public.
Photo Credit: Auto Josh